Reworking the clips

 





Hello and welcome back to my blog! Me and my group have finished the filming process for our short film. The film had all the shots it needed and was sent over for me to place the titles in the film. But before I could do this, I needed to fix some things. Mainly, I had an issue with the length of introduction. As I watched it over, I realized it took too long to get to the main action. So, I decided to look for some scenes I could cut. 

The first part I cut from was the beginning. I cut off a few seconds so that the car would enter the driveway much quicker. While it was only a few seconds, it took out some unnecessary filler. I also shortened how long the side of the car was showing. However, I did make sure to leave enough time for a title. 

The next part I cut out was of Marvin putting the apron around his neck. I realized that by just showing him grabbing it and then tying the back, I could get the same point across in less time. All of these small cuts added up to over 10 seconds of footage!

The final thing I cut wasn’t for time purposes, but instead was for spoilers. During the flashback scenes, a clip was accidentally snuck in. My group member noticed that a scene of Marvin in the hospital came in twice, once before the plot twist was revealed. I didn’t want the audience to figure out the plot too early, so I quickly cut it out. After removing that part, it was time to actually add in the titles. This is Kyra signing off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog: It's Me Again!

Preparation Blog: Scoping the Place Out

SOLUS Opening Sequence