Reporting for Nurse Duty

 


Hello and welcome back to my blog. It was now time for me to film my final scenes. In the last few scenes where Marvin wakes up in a hospital, I would be playing the nurse. Originally I thought Andres should play the nurse, but then I realized it would be much more interesting if I played the role. That way, it would seem like the reason why the male lead imagined me as his wife was because I was the likely the last person he saw before entering into a coma. 

With this in mind, I went to change into my scrubs. In filming the first “hospital” scene, I couldn’t help but laugh at my friends acting. The contrast of the nasal tubes with the teenaged nature of Andres’ room was too funny for me to stay serious. After a while I was able to keep a straight face so that we could finish the scene. However, just as we were about to get the perfect shot, the phone we filmed on died! I didn’t want to have anymore delay, so I offered up my phone to be used while the other one charged. This worked out perfectly as my phone also had cinematic mode for filming. 

Using my phone, I was able to finish up my last scenes in the film. Just as I finished being an actor, I had to jump into my next role as a member of the film crew. For the big car crash scenes, it was dark outside. This meant our lighting and quality wasn’t as good as the previous shots. To help out, while Marvin was being filmed driving in the car, I sat in the backseat with my group members. As he drove, I held up the light from my phones flashlight to give better lighting. This made the scene much clearer. While Andres and Yasmin had to act in their respective scenes, I jumped from lighting to briefly filming! I sent up the camera and recorded one of our last scenes. With all of this done, my filming was finally over. This is Kyra signing off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog: It's Me Again!

Preparation Blog: Scoping the Place Out

SOLUS Opening Sequence