Hello and welcome back to my blog. The final genre that my group and I wanted to look into was the mystery genre. Here’s what we found from our research:
Hello and welcome back to my blog. The next films I’ll be comparing is Le Jete and 12 Monkeys. Part 1 The concept of these two stories and how they’re similar yet different really interests me. Le Jetee is vastly different from the types of films we see today, and vastly different in style from the 12 Monkeys. It was the first in a series of photo novels that would eventually give way to stop motion movies. The images in this ominous, psychological thriller were all in black and white. However, it was still able to tell a coherent story, which is quite a feat. One reason this film was still so intriguing to watch, despite its unique style, is the types of camera shots and editing techniques that were used within the film. Another aspect that allowed this film to be so popular was the soundtrack of the movie. The creative sounds and music used helped to evoke different feelings within the viewer which elevates the film. Those are the aspects that help transform the film from a series of...
Hello and welcome back to my blog. It was now time for me to film my final scenes. In the last few scenes where Marvin wakes up in a hospital, I would be playing the nurse. Originally I thought Andres should play the nurse, but then I realized it would be much more interesting if I played the role. That way, it would seem like the reason why the male lead imagined me as his wife was because I was the likely the last person he saw before entering into a coma. With this in mind, I went to change into my scrubs. In filming the first “hospital” scene, I couldn’t help but laugh at my friends acting. The contrast of the nasal tubes with the teenaged nature of Andres’ room was too funny for me to stay serious. After a while I was able to keep a straight face so that we could finish the scene. However, just as we were about to get the perfect shot, the phone we filmed on died! I didn’t want to have anymore delay, so I offered up my phone to be used while the other one charged. This...
Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! After much hard work, my group finished our first day of filming. All the walking around in the hot Florida weather did a number on us, so we decided to stop and eat somewhere at the mall. When we got to the restaurant, we started to discuss filming the second part of our video. I knew we couldn't film Sunday, since I would be busy that day. So, I suggested filming during the middle of the week and everyone agreed. Our location for the second day of filming was Hailey's house. Hailey's room was our main setting for the film. I thought it was the perfect mix of feminine and cutesy, which really matched the character she was playing. I started the process off by having our material girl wear a white robe to show her process of getting ready. This provided an interesting contrast between before and after she prepares for her day at the mall. The first scene I filmed was an over-the-shoulder shot of the material girl putting on her makeup....
Comments
Post a Comment